Leadership Character Loyalty Courage Strength Building.
Monrovia Fire Rescue believes in the initiative to reach out to Madison County youth and engage them in non-operational roles within our emergency department. Volunteer service has long-term effects, and encouraging youth to take part in the emergency services is extremely beneficial to both local communities and departments.
Benefits of junior programs include:
- Allowing youth to gain insight and interest in becoming long-term members of the emergency services
- Increasing awareness among youth about volunteering and supporting the fire and rescue services
- Providing departments with additional help in accomplishing non-firefighting or non-emergency tasks
- Leadership development for America’s youth who will be tomorrow’s leaders
- Educating parents and mentors on the importance of encouraging volunteerism